Young Myanmar (Burmese) girl in traditional hair style in front of Shwe Dagon Pagoda entrance.
The National Kandawgyi Botanical Gardens is situated in Pyin Oo Lwin (formerly known as May Myo ).It was first established in 1915 as the Maymyo Botanical Gardens by Alex Roger, a Forest Officer. The original site was 30 acres (120,000 m2), and was modelled after the Kew Gardens of England with the help of an amateur gardener called Lady Cuffe. In 1917, the government granted it official recognition, and in 1924, the site was declared a Government Botanical Reserve. On 1 December 1942, the Ministry of Forestry designated the Botanical Gardens a “protected forest area”.( Ref: Wikipedia )